June 29, 2020
To keep our community informed, I wish to summarize some updates on the library. The library is currently operating at our “Reopening service level 3” which means:
- We are offering curbside pickup of books, see our website at https://www.hepburnlibraryofmadrid.org/CurbsidePickup or call us at (315)322-5673 for more information on how you can use this service.
- No public is to be in the building, currently only staff and designated people may enter. Our next service level allows for some real time, in person interactions. We have no dates on when we will move to the next level(s)
- Programming will be offered virtually, with some grab and go options. In Madrid, the summer reading program begins on Wednesday, July 1st and runs until Monday, August 31st. To participate create a free account on READsquared http://hepburnlibofmadridny14.readsquared.com/ there is also a number of the 65 libraries in the system creating online content that anyone can access. Those offerings can be found at: https://ncls.libguides.com/virtualbranch/summer
- Returns can be made to the blue outdoor book drop at the front of the library beginning June 8th.
- There has been a modification to the amount of holds patrons are allowed to place- patrons can now place holds on up to 20 items at a time.
- At this time, there are no plans to reinstate use of the Community Room by the public. Announcements will be made as we do get closer to offering the space again. This is due in part to the fact that renovations, cleaning and organizing are still ongoing. We hope that when we do reopen this space, that the efforts of the staff, board, volunteers and contactors helps to make things easier for everyone.
- The library Board of Trustees has 2 vacancies. If interested, please look at our webpage at: https://www.hepburnlibraryofmadrid.org/Minutes
In addition, I wish to inform our community that guidance from the state still limits the extent at which we can operate. The library is available via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, on our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/MadridHepburnLibrary/ and via phone messages at (315)322-5673
Thank you for your patience as we work through this developing situation.