The Hepburn Library of Madrid Board of Trustees and Staff take high interest in protecting our staff and patrons- in particular the high-risk populations we serve and the high-risk populations who work and volunteer for us.
The situation is being closely monitored and ways are being found to offer services to our community. This page will be continually updated with the impacts that COVID-19 is making on the Hepburn Library of Madrid.
Current Library Status
- Small non athletic groups are allowed to use the community room. CDC rules should be followed.
- April 1st the Hepburn Library of Madrid will be opening for appointments to browse materials, use the computers, photocopying, and faxing.
- November 9th the library will temporarily close the building to the public. These services Computer Use, Reference Questions, Photocopying, Faxing, and Browsing Materials will be unavaliable until further notice.
- Due dates are the same as normal.
- Digital materials are available, e-books, e magazines, and audio books 24/7
- Current library hours are: The Puclic is welcome to use our curbside pickup services.
- Monday 2:00 to 7:00 pm
- Tuesday 11:00am to 2:00 pm
- Wednesday 2:00 to 7:00 pm
- Thursday 11:00am to 2:00 pm
- Friday 10:00 am to 2:00 pm
- Saturday and Sunday CLOSED
- The public can reach Madrid Library during the open hours by
- calling: (315) 322-5673
- emailing: email@example.com
- OR the public can call the Library System's Tech help line to get help at other times Monday through Friday between 8 am and 4 pm (315) 818-0660
Thursday July 1,2021
- Library open without need for appointment. Curbside pickups still available.
Tuesday June 1, 2021
- The Library's community room is open for small non-athletic groups to use.
Thursday April 1. 2021
- Library will be open once again for appointments. Curbside pickup will continue.
Monday December 14, 2020
- Interlibrary loan delivery is reduced to once a week for an undetermined length of time, due to temporary staff shortage.
Monday November 9, 2020
- Library cubside pickup continues but in library services are suspended due to the increase in positive cases in St Lawrence County. New Flyer
Friday October 2, 2020
- Change in operation hours. Friday hours are now 10:00am to 2:00pm, making a total of 20 library operational hours per week.
August 31, 2020
- Deborah Chase-Lauther becomes the library's new director.
Monday July 27, 2020
- Curbside pick area is changed to upstairs. Old flyer
Wednesday July 22, 2020
- An announcement - Books need to be quarantined for 4 days rather than 3 days
Monday July 13, 2020
- An announcement - the library will be open to the public by appointment
Monday June 29, 2020
- An Announcement - Summer Reading
Monday June 22, 2020
- Interlibrary loan will open this week.
Monday June 15, 2020
- Curbside pick up is now available to all patrons. Interlibrary loan is still not available.
Saturday June 13, 2020
- An announcement
Monday June 8, 2020
- The book drop is open.
Thursday June 4, 2020
- An announcement that the book drop will be open on Monday the 8th of June. A plan for curbside pickup starting on Monday the 15th of June.
Monday May 18, 2020
- An announcement that there are plans for curbside pick up when we open, book drop still closed. All materials due July 1.
Monday April 6, 2020
- An announcement that the Library will remain closed, book drop is closed. Hop into Spring is cancelled, All April community events in the community room are canceled.
Tuesday March 17, 2020
- An announcement that under strict guidance from the town The Library Board of Trustees decided the Library will close its doors and cancel all events and programs taking place in the library and its community room
Monday March 16, 2020
- An announcement that the library programs will be canceled and all events in the community room will be canceled.